Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tribute to our avian friends

Little Blue Heron


Female Little Blue Heron


White Pelican



Brown Pelican


Ring-billed Gull


Double-Crested Cormorant


Black-Necked Stilt


Pied-billed Grebe


Dickcissel



Killdeer



Muscovy Duck



Roadrunner


Scrub Jay



Steller's Jay


Pink-sided Oregon Junco



Black-Capped Chickadee


This Scissor-Tailed Fly Catcher is one of only two North American birds whose tail is longer than his body.




On Christmas day this year I received a gift from this Red Breasted Sapsucker, he hung out on this tree for about two hours while I took close to 200 pictures of him. These are a few of my favorites.






Golden Fronted Woodpecker


Ring Necked Pheasant



Raven in Bryce Canyon




Black Vulture


Turkey Vulture



This Turkey Vulture was in a wild bird preserve in Austin Texas. The overall haze in the shot is due to the chain link fence that I was shooting through.



This picture of an immature Bald Eagle was taken from the helicopter while I was running Whirlybird photo.



Red Tailed Hawk

4 comments:

Gabe said...

Wow! Nice work Dan. I had no idea you had put such a collection of bird photos together.

Addie said...

Yeah, that's a lot of birds! and great shots too, which I know is not easy to do. Especially that scissor-tail in flight.

Janet said...

I really enjoyed this post, Dan. Awesome. I love ravens.

Ericson said...

I have to say the raven was also my favorite by far. Great pics. Last year we had a pheasant in our backyard. Who'd have thought in the middle of seattle. Of course by the time I got the camera out and got outside he'd made a retreat.